Planned Redmond Road Closures & Expected Delays Week of July 2-6
Week of Monday, July 2 thru July 6, 2018
City Street Maintenance Operations:
Monday, July 2 - 6 – Starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Transportation crews will be:
- Installing legends on the recently maintenance overlay & chip sealed roads
(X walks, turn arrows, bike lane symbols)
- Vegetation control along curbs and cracks in roadways
- Patching road cuts from water repairs
These activities will cause delays and lane disruptions with signs directing traffic.
Special Event Closures:
Wednesday, July 4 – Independence Day Parade starting at 10:00 a.m. – till parade ends (approx. 1.5 hours)
NW 6th St. from Dogwood Ave. to Forest Ave.
NEW - NW 10th St is closed from NW Negus Pl to NW Oak Pl. till July 25th
Streets will be closed while Shamrock Northwest crews remove roadway, install utilities, curb, base rock, and asphalt paving.
Historic Redmond Hotel Renovation Project
PERIODIC PARTIAL CLOSURES thru August 31 - from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Righthand lane of SW 6th St. to be partially closed from midblock between SW Deschutes Ave. and SW Forest Ave. to midblock between SW Evergreen Ave. and SW Forest Ave. The 6th St. sidewalk from SW Evergreen Ave. south to midblock will also be closed during the lane closure.
The hotel renovation will continue over the next few months with the goal of opening a new rooftop bar later this summer. The renovation of the hotel rooms is expected to be completed next spring.
All businesses will remain open during this closure. *Activities resulting in noise will not begin until 7:00 a.m.*
South Canal Improvement Project – South Canal Blvd is closed between Timber Ave and the Yew Ave roundabout for the next few weeks. Local access is permitted. Scheduled Activities for the week of 7/2/2018 – 7/6/2018:
NEW North Section (SW Obsidian Ave and 11th Street)
• SW Obsidian Ave will be closed from South Canal Blvd to 12th St. Local access will be
permitted from the east on Obsidian Ave via SW 15th St. No access will be permitted onto SW Obsidian Ave from South Canal Blvd. See attached detour map. See Attachment
• Installation of 18-inch water line on SW Obsidian Ave. Work is scheduled to run through
South Section (Roundabout to SW Timber Ave)
• Concrete Crews will be pouring sidewalks, driveway approaches and catch basins from the roundabout to SW Wickiup Ave. We will notify residents when access to driveways will be affected.
• Knife River crews will continue to install sedimentation manholes, drywells and 8-inch storm pipe from SW Volcano Ave to SW Timber Ave.
• The intersection of South Canal Blvd and SW Wickiup Ave will be closed. Please use the intersection of South Canal Blvd and SW Meadow Lane (SW Volcano east) to access South Canal Blvd.
The improvement project completion date is set for April 2019. Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open. Weekly project updates can be found online at https://www.southcanalblvd.org/. Residents may call the Construction Hotline for more information or to report a concern at 541-579-2233.
ALL work schedules are subject to change, dependent on weather conditions and other factors. Have questions? Call 541-504-2000