PLANNED REDMOND ROAD CLOSURES & DELAYS UPDATE for the week of August 6
DATE: Week of Monday, August 6 thru August 10, 2018
City Street Maintenance Operations & ADA Street Improvement Projects:
Wednesday, August 8 – Starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the following traffic disruptions and closures will take place:
SW 7th St. from SW Highland for one block south will be closed for A/C trench repairs.
Quince Park 10th St. access will be closed for ADA upgrades into the park, lane disruptions for traffic heading south.
NW 8th St. curb repairs with low impact to traffic and some short-term drive way blockages.
NOTE - During street maintenance operations, closure durations and disruptions are determined by progress of the operation and weather conditions.
Special Event Closures:
Redmond Police Department’s ‘National Night Out’ event Tuesday, August 7, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Centennial Park –
Starting at 5:00 p.m., Evergreen Ave. between 7th St. & 8th St. and 7th and 8th Streets between Evergreen Ave. & Deschutes Ave. will be closed to traffic.
South Canal Improvement Project – South Canal Blvd is closed between Veterans Way and Quartz Ave. and then from Timber Ave. and the Yew Ave. roundabout for the next few weeks. Local access is permitted.
Scheduled Activities for the week of 8/6/2018 – 8/10/2018:
North Section (SW Canal Blvd to SW Quartz Ave. - SW Obsidian Ave and 11th Street)
• SW Canal Blvd is closed between SW Veterans Way and SW Quartz Ave.
• SW Obsidian Ave is closed from South Canal Blvd to 12th St. Local access will be permitted from the west on Obsidian Ave. via SW 15th St. No access will be permitted onto SW Obsidian Ave. from South Canal Blvd.
• Crews are installing an 18-inch water line on SW Canal Blvd.
• Clearing & grubbing of Homestead Path continues.
South Section (Yew Ave. Roundabout to SW Timber Ave.)
• Knife River crews will finish installing three drywells and sedimentation manholes between SW Umatilla Ave. and SW Timber Ave. in the very near future.
• Curb installation is occurring from SW Volcano Ave. to SW Umatilla Ave.
• Subgrade and base rock work is taking place from SW Umatilla Ave to SW Timber Ave.
• Concrete crews will be pouring sidewalks, driveway approaches and catch basins from SW Wickiup Ave to SW Umatilla Ave. Crews will notify residents when access to driveways will be affected. Please refrain from walking on recently poured sidewalks. Crews have to replace sidewalk that is damaged from pedestrians and vandalism. Replacing sidewalks adds time to the project schedule.
• The intersection of South Canal Blvd and SW Meadow Lane (Volcano east) will be closed. Please use the intersection of South Canal Blvd and SW Wickiup Ave.
The improvement project completion date is set for April 2019. Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open. Weekly project updates can be found online at https://www.southcanalblvd.org/.
Residents may call the Construction Hotline 541-579-2233 for more information or to report a concern.
ALL work schedules are subject to change, dependent on weather conditions and other factors. Have questions? Call 541-504-2000