Planned Road Closures and Delays Update - Week of August 13-17
City Street Maintenance Operations & ADA Street Improvement Projects:
Monday, August 13 thru August 17 - Starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the following traffic disruptions and closures will take place:
NW 8th St. south of Maple Ave. and NW Elm Ave. & 4th St. curb and gutter repair will continue; these activities may temporarily disrupt driveways and on street parking.
Watch out for Transportation Dept. crews installing legends in school zones and intersections. This will cause traffic disruptions and partial lane closures.
NOTE - During street maintenance operations, closure durations and disruptions are determined by progress of the operation and weather conditions.
Special Event Closures:
Drifters Harvest Run Car Show Friday, August 17, 6:00 p.m. – Saturday, August 18, 4:30 p.m.
Starting 6:00 p.m., Friday, August 17 the following streets will be closed to motorized traffic until 4:30 p.m. on August 18: 7th St. between Evergreen Ave. and Deschutes Ave., and Evergreen Ave. between 7th and 8th St.
South Canal Improvement Project – South Canal Blvd is closed between Veterans Way and Quartz Ave. and then from Timber Ave. and the Yew Ave. roundabout for the next few weeks. Local access is permitted.
Scheduled Activities for the week of 8/13/2018 – 8/17/2018:
North Section (SW Canal Blvd to SW Quartz Ave. - SW Obsidian Ave and 11th Street)
• SW Canal Blvd from SW Veterans Way to Quartz will remain closed to allow for drywell installation and intersection construction at SW Obsidian Ave. and SW Canal Blvd. No southbound traffic will be allowed from SW Veterans Way.
• SW Obsidian Ave. remains closed from SW Canal Blvd to SW 12th St. Local access will be permitted from the west on SW Obsidian Ave. via SW 15th St. No access will be permitted onto SW Obsidian Ave. from South Canal Blvd.
• Installation of 18-inch water line on SW Canal Blvd.
• Clearing & grubbing of Homestead Multi Use Path.
South Section (Yew Ave. Roundabout to SW Timber Ave.)
• Concrete crews will be finishing the remaining sidewalk and driveway approaches from SW Wickiup Ave. to SW Timber Ave. – 8/13 thru 8/17
• Knife River crews will finish road base rock from SW Wickiup Ave. to SW Timber Ave. – 8/13 thru 8/17.
• Concrete crews will be pouring sidewalks, driveway approaches and catch basins from SW Wickiup Ave. to SW Timber Ave. – 8/13 thru 8/17. We will notify residents when access to driveways will be affected. Please refrain from walking on recently poured sidewalks. Crews must replace sidewalk that is damaged from pedestrians and vandalism. Replacing sidewalks adds time to the project schedule.
• Asphalt paving is scheduled to occur the week of 8/20-8/24 from SW Wickiup Ave. to SW Timber Ave. Expect delays for local traffic in this area. This section of road will be opened for all traffic beginning 8/27. Once opened expect to see cleanup work occurring for the next few weeks. Final paving of this section will occur in September.
• The intersection of South Canal Blvd and SW Meadow Lane (Volcano east) will be closed. Please use the intersection of South Canal Blvd and SW Wickiup Ave.• The intersection of South Canal Blvd and SW Meadow Lane (Volcano east) will be closed. Please use the intersection of South Canal Blvd and SW Wickiup Ave.
• SW Canal Blvd will be closed at SW Salmon Ave starting the week of 8/27. This closure will facilitate the installation of a new 18-inch waterline. Thru traffic will not be allowed north of SW Salmon Ave. Local residents and businesses will have access. Please use detours or an alternate route.
The improvement project completion date is set for April 2019. Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open. Weekly project updates can be found online at https://www.southcanalblvd.org/.
Residents may call the Construction Hotline 541-579-2233 for more information or to report a concern.
ALL work schedules are subject to change, dependent on weather conditions and other factors. Have questions? Call 541-504-2000.