Planned Road Closures and Delays - Week of Oct. 1 - 5
DATE: Week of Monday, October 1 thru October 5, 2018
City Street Maintenance Operations & ADA Street Improvement Projects:
Monday, October 1 thru October 5 - Starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., drivers may experience minor traffic disruptions as crews install/paint legends at intersections throughout town.
Friday, October 5 - Starting at 3:00 a.m., crews will be installing railroad crossing legends at the SW Veterans Way & Hwy 97. This will cause a short-term detour for a few hours to complete the project.
ALL work schedules are subject to change, dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Special Event Closures:
South Canal Improvement Project – South Canal Blvd is closed between Veterans Way and Quartz Ave. and then from Timber Ave. and the Yew Ave. roundabout for the next few weeks. Local access is permitted.
Scheduled Activities for the week of 10/1/2018 – 10/05/2018:
South Section (Roundabout to SW Timber Ave)
- This section is open to all traffic. Thank you for your patience during this phase
North Section (SW Canal Blvd from SW Salmon Ave. - SW Obsidian Ave and 11th Street)
• The new 18-inch waterline installation is complete. Pressure testing has been completed and crews will begin tie-ins of the new line to existing laterals starting 10/1 and completing 10/9. Expect service interruption during this time. All residents will be notified 24 hours prior to water shut off.
• Removal of the existing water line will begin 10/10 and continue through 10/19.
• Road subgrade and storm facilities will be constructed once the existing water line has been removed.
• SW Canal Blvd will remain closed at SW Salmon Ave. Thru traffic is not allowed north of SW Salmon Ave. Local residents and businesses will have access. Please use detours or an alternate route.
• SW Canal Blvd from SW Veterans Way to Quartz will remain closed to allow for drywell installation and intersection construction at SW Obsidian Ave and SW Canal Blvd.
• SW Obsidian Ave will remain closed from SW Canal Blvd to SW 12th St. Local access will be permitted from the west on SW Obsidian Ave via SW 15th St. No access will be permitted onto SW Obsidian Ave from South Canal Blvd.
The improvement project completion date is set for April 2019. Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open. Weekly project updates can be found online at https://www.southcanalblvd.org/.
Residents may call the Construction Hotline 541-579-2233 for more information or to report a concern.
Your Tax Dollars at Work: City of Redmond invests $1.5 million annually to keep Redmond’s streets smooth, clean, and safe.