ABOUT THE COMMISSION
Redmond Union High School, built in 1920 currently known as Evergreen Elementary School
The Redmond Historic Landmarks Commission was created on February 22, 2011 by City Ordinance 2011-01.
The City of Redmond’s Community Development Department provides staff support for the Commission’s activities. The purpose of this commission is to preserve and promote Redmond’s history and culture by:
- Identifying, evaluating, and designating historic and cultural resources in the City of Redmond as landmarks;
- Informing and educating the public on the historic and architectural significance of the designated landmarks;
- Informing and educating the public on the value of preserving Redmond’s historic and cultural resources; and
- Soliciting grants and other resources to help promote, advocate and undertake preservation projects in the City of Redmond; and
- any other activities that will help preserve and promote Redmond’s history and culture.
HISTORIC PRESERVATION PLAN
The City recently adopted a Historic Preservation Plan that guides the City's preservation efforts for the near future (5 or so years) and conducted historic resource surveys of downtown commercial buildings for potential future listing on local or national historic registers. Please contact Scott Woodford with the City of Redmond at 541-923-7758 with any questions or input.
Want to be a Historic Landmarks Commissioner?
|REDMOND HISTORIC LANDMARKS COMMISSION||Download APPLICATION (pdf)|
The Commission is composed of 5 residents of the Redmond School District 2J, each appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Following is a list of Commissioners (all terms expire December 31st of the year listed):
|Commission Member||Term Expires|
|Judy Fessler, Chair||2017|
|Trish Pinkerton, Vice Chair||2020|
|Shannon Farnsworth Rose||2019|
|Karla Mora, Youth Ex-Officio||2017|
|Camden King, Council Liaison|
Unless otherwise noted, the Commission currently meets the fourth Thursday of each month at 4:30 p.m. at City Hall, located at 411 SW 9th Street. Agendas, minutes and additional meeting information may be found on the Meetings and Agendas page.