The Redmond City Code (section 2.350) creates the Redmond Urban Area Planning Commission. In order to accomplish the City Council goals that pertain to it, the Commission shall fulfill the following duties:
- Carry out a comprehensive planning program, using citizen input and public hearings when appropriate, for the Redmond area.
- Coordinate its activities with other jurisdictions, planning bodies and districts.
- Act as the Citizens Involvement Committee for the Redmond area and advise the governing bodies on Citizen Involvement programs.
- Study and propose measures that are advisable for promotion of the public interest, health, morals, safety, comfort, convenience and welfare of the City and the Redmond area.
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Redmond City Council in the creation, development and implementation of official traffic safety activities.
URBAN AREA PLANNING COMMISSION
The Commission is composed of 7 residents of the Redmond Urban Growth Boundary, each appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council. Following is a list of Commissioners (all terms expire December 31st of the year listed):
|James Cook, Chair||2018|
|William Hilton, Vice Chair||2018|
|Joseph Zika III||2020|
|Vacant/Youth Ex-Officio Please Apply!!!!||2017|
|Council Liaison, Tory Allman|
The Redmond Urban Area Planning Commission currently meets the first and third Mondays of each month. Please see meeting agenda for exact location and time. Agendas, minutes and additional meeting information may be found on the Meetings and Agendas page.