The Redmond Police Department is pleased to offer a Vacation Check service to those who live within the city limits of Redmond. After providing us with the below-requested information, the Redmond Police Department will make note of your absence from your residence and will try to make occasional security checks. However, security checks by the Redmond Police can only be provided as time and workload allow. If you desire regular security checks of your residence while you are away, we strongly urge you to contact a private security company for that service. We will be happy to work cooperatively with them to protect your property.
This service is only possible with the help of our Volunteers in Policing Services (VIPS) staff. VIPS volunteer their personal time to the police department. Conducting vacation checks is one such service.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Your Redmond Police Department
- Officers will not enter your house or other building unless it appears a crime is in progress or it becomes necessary as part of a criminal investigation. You will be called just as soon as the Officer can.
- Checks of your house will be exterior only. Officers and VIPS will not climb fences or check other secured areas not accessible. We will attempt to conduct a visual inspection of those areas we cannot physically access.
- Officers or VIPS will not feed your animals.
- Officers or VIPS will not cancel or collect your newspaper or other deliveries for you. Please make the appropriate arrangements ahead of time. However, we may contact you if we notice deliveries piling up.
- We will not trim bushes or mow your lawn.
- Redmond Police is not responsible for any criminal activity which may occur during your absence. We will do our best to prevent and to discover any criminal activity in a timely manner.