What is GIS?
A geographic information system (GIS) integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information. GIS allows us to view, understand, question, interpret, and visualize data in many ways that reveal relationships, patterns, and trends in the form of maps, globes, reports, and charts. A GIS helps you answer questions and solve problems by looking at your data in a way that is quickly understood and easily shared (Source: ESRI).
GIS at City of Redmond
GIS technology has become an integral part of almost all of City of Redmond governmental functions including:
- Property assessment
- Land use and zoning issues
- Road construction and maintenance
- Emergency and law enforcement
- Snow plowing
- Open space acquisitions, operations, and management
- E-mapping (online interactive map tool)
- Downloadable GIS Data
- Frequently Asked Questions
GIS Contact at City of Redmond
- Mark Chambers
- (541) 504-2014