Planned Redmond Road Closures and Delays for the week of Sept. 3 - 7
DATE: Week of Monday, September 3 thru September 7, 2018
City Street Maintenance Operations & ADA Street Improvement Projects:
Tuesday, September 4 thru September 7 - Starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the following traffic disruptions and closures will take place:
NW 8th St. & NW Maple Ave. on the SE & SW corners ADA upgrade work will be conducted, causing intermittent traffic disruptions on Maple Ave.
Special Event Closures:
DATES EXTENDED - 8th Street from NW Quince Ave. to NW Poplar Pl. – Closed for construction till Tuesday, September 14.
8th Street from NW Quince Ave. to NW Poplar Pl. will be closed while Mckernan Enterprises crews install Sewer/Water & Road Improvements. Local access for residents is permitted.
South Canal Improvement Project – South Canal Blvd is closed between Veterans Way and Quartz Ave. and then from Timber Ave. and the Yew Ave. roundabout for the next few weeks. Local access is permitted.
Scheduled Activities for the week of 9/3/2018 – 9/7/2018:
South Section (Roundabout to SW Timber Ave)
• Base lift of asphalt has been completed – SW Canal Blvd from the roundabout to SW Timber Ave has been opened to traffic. Crews will remain in the area performing cleanup work for the next few weeks. Final paving of this section is scheduled September 17-19th with final pavement markings scheduled for September 20-21st. Expect delays during this time.
North Section (SW Canal Blvd from SW Salmon Ave. - SW Obsidian Ave and 11th Street)
• SW Canal Blvd is closed at SW Salmon Ave. This closure will facilitate the installation of a new 18-inch waterline. Thru traffic is not allowed north of SW Salmon Ave. Local residents and businesses will have access. Please use detours or an alternate route.
• SW Canal Blvd from SW Veterans Way to Quartz will remain closed to allow for drywell installation and intersection construction at SW Obsidian Ave and SW Canal Blvd.
• SW Obsidian Ave will remain closed from SW Canal Blvd to SW 12th St. Local access will be permitted from the west on SW Obsidian Ave via SW 15th St. No access will be permitted onto SW Obsidian Ave from South Canal Blvd.
• Clearing & grubbing of Homestead Multi Use Path will continue.
The improvement project completion date is set for April 2019. Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open. Weekly project updates can be found online at https://www.southcanalblvd.org/.
Residents may call the Construction Hotline 541-579-2233 for more information or to report a concern.
ALL work schedules are subject to change, dependent on weather conditions and other factors.