PLANNED REDMOND ROAD CLOSURES & DELAYS UPDATE - Week of Sept. 24 - 28
City Street Maintenance Operations & ADA Street Improvement Projects:
Monday, September 24 thru September 28 - Starting at 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., the following traffic disruptions and closures will take place:
- Crack seal operations will be commencing throughout the City; activities may temporarily disrupt lanes and intersections.
- Long line striping will be occurring throughout the City; lane disruptions and slowed traffic may occur.
NOTE - During street maintenance operations, closure durations and disruptions are determined by progress of the operation and weather conditions.
Special Event Closures:
Kiwanis Octoberfest Friday, September 28, 4:00 p.m. – Saturday, September 29 9:00 p.m.
Starting 4:00 p.m., Friday, September 28 the following streets will be closed to motorized traffic until 9:00 p.m. on September 29: Deschutes Ave. between 4th and 5th St.
NEW - 8th Street from NW Quince Ave. to NW Poplar Pl. – Closed for construction through Friday, September 28, 2018.
- 8th Street from NW Quince Ave. to NW Poplar Pl. will be closed while Mckernan Enterprises crews install Sewer/Water & Road Improvements. Local access for residents is permitted.
South Canal Improvement Project – South Canal Blvd is closed between Veterans Way and Salmon Ave. Local access is permitted.
Scheduled Activities for the week of 9/24/2018 – 9/28/2018:
North Section (SW Canal Blvd to SW Quartz Ave. - SW Obsidian Ave and 11th Street)
• SW Canal Blvd from SW Veterans Way to Quartz will remain closed to allow for drywell installation and intersection construction at SW Obsidian Ave and SW Canal Blvd. No southbound traffic will be allowed from SW Veterans Way.
• SW Obsidian Ave remains closed from SW Canal Blvd to SW 12th St. Local access will be permitted from the west on SW Obsidian Ave via SW 15th St. No access will be permitted onto SW Obsidian Ave from South Canal Blvd.
• Installation and pressure testing of 18-inch water line on SW Canal Blvd.
• Construction and paving of Homestead Multi Use Path.
The improvement project completion date is set for April 2019. Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open. Weekly project updates can be found online at https://www.southcanalblvd.org/.
Residents may call the Construction Hotline 541-579-2233 for more information or to report a concern.
ALL work schedules are subject to change, dependent on weather conditions and other factors. Have questions about city street projects or would like to report a concern? Please email email@example.com or call 541-504-2000.