Examples of Common Code Violations

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

weeds - overgrown lotOvergrown Lots
It is a violation to let one's grass or weeds grow more than 10 inches high at any time during the year (with a few exceptions. See full City Code 5.325 for more details). Vegetation can not make a hazard for pedestrian's use of a public sidewalk, block the view of traffic signs, signals, street lights, and street names. Vegetation can not cause a hazard due to disease or deterioration. Root systems can not interfere with sewer or waterlines.
abandoned junk car Disabled/Junked Vehicles
No person shall store a discarded vehicle on any private property for more than two weeks unless it is enclosed within a building or in a rear yard behind a site obscuring fence. A discarded vehicle may be inoperable, wrecked, dismantled, partially dismantled, abandoned, and/or junked.
debris and garbage Accumulation of debris, garbage, junk, or animal excrement
No owner of a property shall allow the accumulation of debris, garbage, junk, or animal excrement that is not removed within a reasonable time. Read City Code 5.335(1) for exceptions.
temporary sign/yard sale sign Temporary Signage
Any small sign, generally of a temporary nature, tacked, nailed, posted, pasted, glued, or otherwise attached to trees, poles, stakes, fences or buildings or other structures, where the information appearing thereon is not applicable to the present use of the premises upon which sign is located.
street sign obstruction Clear Vision
For details see City Code 8.0305.


Who to Call for Other Issues


Abandoned vehicles on public right of way, dogs at large, noise complaints, illegal parking , and graffiti complaints can be reported by calling the non-emergency dispatch number, (541) 693-6911 or can be filed online with the Redmond Police Department.