Watering Guide:IRRIGATION REGULATIONS
The City of Redmond Irrigation Regulations are covered under Redmond City Code 4.125 - 4.155
- The irrigation season in the City of Redmond begins April 1 and ends October 31 of each calendar year.
- If your address ends with an even number (such as 216 SW Evergreen) you may irrigate only on even numbered days.
- If your address ends with an odd number (such as 443 E Antler) you may irrigate only on odd numbered days.
- No one may irrigate on the 31st day of the month.
- No irrigation of lawns or gardens is allowed between the hours of 11:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Customers may request a variance for new seeding, or new sod. Applications for variances are available at Redmond City Hall located at 411 SW 9th St..
During the summer, nearly half of all residential water in Oregon is used to irrigate lawns and landscaped areas around homes. In Central Oregon, most of the soil is sandy, very porous, and does not hold water well. The depth and type of topsoil can vary, often with lava rock just inches below the surface.